Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Hanukkah - PSAT Results are In!

Tiny bubbles... Originally uploaded by peater
Yes, I know not everyone celebrates Hanukkah, but for me, getting the PSAT results counted as a present. The PSAT was administered to 10th and 11th grade students in October and we got the score reports in last week. Starting today, I will be distributing the scores to students. I will visit 10th grade advisory classes one at a time to hand back the reports. The 11th grade will get their scores all together in an assembly on Wednesday.

I know this staggered approach means that some students will see their scores before other students, but I think the sacrifice is worth it in order for me to give the best possible information out to the students. It also allows me to answer more questions one on one and hopefully will make it easier for students to absorb what I have to say.

I encourage all 10th and 11th grade student to utilize the code on the bottom right of their score report, which will allow them access to a free test analysis and personalize study tips by going to www.collegeboard.com/quickstart

Remember, the P in PSAT stands for Practice, so if you are not happy with your performance, there is still time to improve. I'll probably have addition blog posts about understanding the score report, but I wanted parents/guardians to know to be on the lookout to ask their child about the exam.