Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'm still here! And Thanks SUNY!

SUNY Oneonta

Ack! It has been awhile since my last post - my apologies! May seems like a month when things would be winding down for me but, au contraire, this is actually one of my most busy times because of AP exams!

I'll try to post some information about those in the days and weeks ahead, but first I want to say thank you to SUNY for hosting the SUNY Forum on Friday at the Fashion Institute of Technology. As a newly appointed member of the SUNY Advisory Board, I was excited to participate in this annual event (and am still kind of getting over the fact that I was asked to serve on the board). The day gave us the opportunity to hear from the President of FIT, the Chairman of the SUNY Board of Trustees, as well as other SUNY staff. I really liked the panel of SUNY graduates who were from the city who were able to give their perspective about how going upstate was the right fit for them. We also had a session on experiential learning and STEM careers. A great resource that I learned about is www.nycareerzone.org - a website that helps students learn more about various careers and the paths toward reaching different occupational goals.

Thanks SUNY!

Image of SUNY Oneonta (where two of the panelists attended)