Friday, December 21, 2012

'Tis the Season

 
As 2012 winds down, I'd like to send out a gentle reminder that the end of the calendar year is a great time to take a minute to thank the teachers that wrote you letters of recommendation. I can speak from personal experience when I say that writing letters is something I just don't have time to do during the school day. Every letter represents time taken out of my weekend to advocate for an ElRo student. A teacher, who shall remain nameless, commented how nice it would be if students would say thank you - not with a gift - but with a card or email. I encourage you to make a habit, as you get older, of thanking those that have helped you along the way. Take this opportunity to acknowledge the hard work the teachers have put in to help complete your application. Good karma is real, pass it on.

Image