Friday, January 21, 2011

Whole New Look for the College Board

I was shocked today to find that the College Board has undergone a makeover and changed their website. The first major change is they are now going with a .org address instead of a .com address. I guess someone in PR liked what they saw at the ACT - their site has always been .org ;)

They have also dramatically reorganized things. Maybe I'm just resistant to change, but I'm not a huge fan. You now have to scroll down to find the links to the AP, Professionals page, etc. And, from what I can see, there is now no longer a dedicated 'Parents' tab on the homepage.

You should notice though that they do have an SAT page link right on the top left, since most visitors are probably looking for that. As an alternative, students may want to bookmark http://sat.collegeboard.com/home.

I'm sure I'll get used to this, but it is a little on the busy side if you ask me. My advice: take TIME to explore the site and don't panic when you aren't seeing what you need. Read the information fully before you get frustrated, I've found that they normally do address the issue that you are looking for, you just have to read carefully.

Image