Saturday, October 2, 2010

NACAC Conference Day 3

Today was the final day of the NACAC Conference in St. Louis and I feel like the sessions just kept getting better and better. The three sessions I attended today were about the college process for students with Learning Disabilities, helping students write the personal statement, and the myth of the idea of college 'fit.'

I'm looking forward to bringing back all of this information to ElRo and sharing it with our community.

It has been hard being out of the office at such a busy time (and even harder dealing with writing letters of recommendation when a suitcase is involved) but I know the time at Ramapo, the COWS Tour, and NACAC were worth it. I met great new people, saw some old friends, and learned a lot.

Give me a little bit of a chance to catch my breath next week, but as always, send me an email if you have any questions or have trouble tracking me down. Students, Wednesday Office Hours are back on this week and college visits are really going into full swing.

Let October begin!